- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp thyme, chopped
- 1.5 tsp sumac
- Dry chickpeas with a paper towel. Remove any skins that have started to peel.
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Stir in chickpeas and season with ¼ tsp salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.!
- Spread chickpeas in an even layer and cook, stirring every minute or so for about 10 minutes, until the chickpeas are crispy and browned on all sides. Note: Cook chickpeas in batches if necessary to avoid overcrowding.
- Reduce heat to medium and add lemon zest and thyme, stirring, for 1 minute, until softened. Stir in sumac and remove from heat.
- Drain chickpeas on a paper-towel lined plate. Allow to cool completely before packing your crunchy chickpeas into sandwich bags. Or alternatively you eat them right away because they’re that yummy!