- 1 lb spaghetti
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 slices bacon, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1 cup sorrel, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup grana padano cheese
- Bring a pot of boiling salted water to a boil.
- Add spaghetti, and cook according to package directions until al dente, about 9 minutes.
- Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, drain pasta and set aside.
- Add bacon to a skillet or Dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat. Sautee until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the grape tomatoes and season with ½ tsp salt and ½ tsp black pepper. Stir tomatoes occasionally, until they burst, about 10 minutes.
- Return pasta to the pan, and add reserved cooking liquid a couple tablespoons at a time if dry.
- Stir in sorrel and grana padano.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with additional grana padano if desired.