- 1 bulb of fennel
- 1 medium or 2 small Yukon gold potatoes
- 6 breakfast sausage links (chicken or pork)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 2 eggs
- Cast iron skillet
- Cutting board
- Chop the fennel and potato into ½-inch medium dice.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the fennel and potatoes and cook for 10 minutes.
- Crumble the sausages into the skillet with the vegetables and add the thyme and salt. Sauté until the sausage is browned and cooked through and the potatoes are tender, about 7 minutes.